As you know, our family is focusing on eating more organic foods. A quick and easy way to incorporate these organic fruits and veggies into our diet is by making a smoothie!
The ingredients for my favorite smoothie:
- 7-8 frozen Strawberries (these are organic strawberries, bought in their prime, and then washed and flash-frozen for winter use)
- 1/4+ cup organic Apple Juice (or more depending on how thin/thick you like your smoothie) *I have also used Orange Juice with tasty results.
- small handful of organic spinach
- 1/2 – 1 whole Banana (this is not organic, as it is one of the “Clean Fifteen”)
- 1/4+/- cup organic “drinkable” Yogurt (more or less, depending on how thick you like it)
Blend it all together in your Ninja (or other blender).
After blending thoroughly, remove the lid and stir any spinach pieces that might have strayed to the top.
Add more of anything if you like, and continue blending.
When you have your desired thick-(or thin!)ness, then pour into your favorite glass, add a straw, and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe? Feel free to share in the comments!