I am truly excited for what the year 2010 holds for my family and my blog. I had NO idea what 2009 held in store for me; I could not have dreamed how amazing it would be! 2010 is so full of possibilities and opportunities! I really cannot wait to see what God has in store for me this year.
I know for a successful year, I need to learn to balance all of this “stuff”. It can be quite overwhelming at times, as many of you can relate.
- Find a healthy balance between mother/wife/homeschooler/Christ follower/blogger/pastor’s wife. I am each of these, but right now they don’t mesh well together. I need to find the right way to make them mesh.
- Be more authentic and relevant by blogging with intention and purpose. I want to share more of my life: the good and the bad.
- Must. Pay. Down. Debt. Period.
- Get the ball rolling for possible future adoption.
- Be MUCH better at responding to comments and emails. I am so sorry that I have neglected this very important aspect, and I promise to do better in the future.
- Ministry Monday is on the verge of exploding. I need to make that happen!
- Vlogging. I am going to try that (soon)!
- Share more of my faith, both struggles and triumphs.
- God has blessed me in so many ways this year! I need to make sure my relationship with Him is strong and growing. It is too easy to let that fall to the wayside and our relationship (on my end, not His) grow stagnant.
I am coming to see that numbers and traffic, while key, are nowhere near as important as relevant writing and and a solid readership. I do want my blog to grow, but I want it to grow because of my writing. It is, after all, my blog.
So, my main focus this year will be on authentic writing and relevant material. With these two aspects, I believe everything else will fall into place… the place where God wants it to be.
I do want to thank my dear, sweet readers. I have received several kind and thoughtful emails in the last few weeks. I do consider you all friends, even if I do not know you personally (Gail!). I want you all to know how much I appreciate you and your support of me and my site.
Please know that I do remember my readers in prayer (whether I know your name or not). I pray that you and your families have a wonderful and blessed 2010.
To share your own goals, or to read others’, check out SavvyBlogging.net.
Photo credit: Duncan