With the Super Bowl coming up (sigh… neither one of my teams made it), I thought I would post one of my favorite snack dips, the cheese log.
My husband devours this whenever I make it. It does not last long in this house!
Cheese Log (my Mother’s recipe)
- 1 lb fake cheese Velveeta
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- chili powder
- Put cheese, cream cheese, and nuts in a bowl, and let it set out at room temp until soft.
- Mix well, and roll into “logs”.
- Sprinkle chili powder onto wax paper and roll log to coat.
- Store in refridgerator.
- Serve with whole-wheat crackers (this makes it more “nutritional”, since we have fake cheese and all).
And for those of you who are wondering, yes, I am a Cowboys fan. My other team is the Minnesota Vikings (Adrian Peterson is a former OU player… I am an OU fan… and now a Vikings fan, too!). Who will I be cheering for in the Super Bowl? You will just have to wait and see