So you just read my little stint on mashed potatoes and the trauma I experienced with them when I was young.
Would you like a little recipe now???
1 lb ground turkey or hamburger meat, cooked and drained
1 tsp – 1 1/2 tsp Morton Season-All Salt
2 cups Cheddar cheese
1 can corn, drained (or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, cooked)
butter, to taste
milk, to taste
pepper, to taste
- After cooking and draining the ground meat, return it to the skillet and add in the Morton Season-All Salt.
- Skin potatoes, and cut into chunks. Cover with water and boil until soft, between 10-15 minutes.
- Shred 2 cups of Cheddar cheese and set aside.
- After ground meat is fully cooked, add the corn.
- When the potatoes are soft, drain the water, and add milk, butter, pepper, and Season-All Salt to taste. Blend together until smooth and all lumps are gone.
- Add a thin layer of mashed potatoes to a 9″ pie plate.
- Add the ground meat/corn mixture and then top with cheese.
- Add the remaining mashed potatoes to the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Enjoy comfort food at it’s finest!
Original recipe from Domestic Cents: Shepherd’s Pie recipe.
See my Whrrl for Morton Season-All Salt here.
Linked to Tasty Tuesday
Disclosure: I was provided with the means to purchase the Morton Season-All Salt from Morton through Collective Bias. All thoughts and opinions are my own.